Action planning is a process to help anyone to focus ideas and decide what steps to take to achieve a desired goals. It is achieved over a period of time. Preparing an action plan is a good way to help one reach objectives in life.

It involves :
1. Identifying single or many objectives
2. The objectives are set, those are achievable and measurable
3. Prioritizing tasks effectively
4. Identifying and list the tasks to achieve
5. Ability of work effectively under pressure and deadline
6. A plan

A effective plan should consists of effective time table and set of clearly defined steps – this will help to focus and answer a fundamental question ‘What do I do to achieve my objective?’ There can be multiple objectives, each needs a different action plan. For example -
* Decide what skills to improve and how to improve

We can simplify the example – action plan for career
* Choosing the right career
* Working out a strategy to enter this career e.g. Resume and Interview preparation
* Developing skills that you need to acquire to allow one to enter the career of choice and to be successful in it

Why is the action plan so necessary? This can be validate with the following strong example -

A study on 1979 Harvard MBA students asked them, “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?”

Only 3% of the graduates had written goals and plans; 13% had non-written goals and 84% had no specific goals at all. Ten years later, they were interviewed again. The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84% who had no goals. And the 3% who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% put together.

In case you are uncertain about your career, action planning and desire to be successful, contact us for free counseling. Email us at loratis(at)loratis.co.in or call us at 080 – 2245 6262 to fix an appointment.

Best Wishes!

Loratis Career School
-Find Your True North!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>