Based on number of surveys on the skills required by graduates undertaken by many organizations, here is the summary of the skills deemed which were more often deemed important -
1. Verbal Communication – One’s ability to express ideas clearly confidently in speech.
2. Team Work – Work, Assign and Oversee tasks confidently within a group.
3. Commercial Awareness – Understand the commercial realities that might affect or affecting organization.
4. Analyzing and Investigation – Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles.
5. Self Motivation – Able to act on initiative, identify opportunities and proactive in putting ideas and solutions.
6. Drive – Determination to get things done.
7. Written Communication – Able to express clearly in writing.
8. Planning and Organising – Able to plan activities and carry them effectively.
9. Flexibility – Adapt successfully to changing situations and environment.
10. Time Management – Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
There are various other skills sets are vital as one grow in the ladder of career.
Loratis Career School, Bangalore
Find Your True North!